Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"V" the new drama on ABC

I just watched the first 9 minutes of the new drama on ABC called "V" (via Hulu.com). It premieres next Tuesday, November 3, at 8 PM.

The premise? First contact with extraterrestrials. It's got a very Independence Day feel to it (and that's even mentioned by someone giving an interview to a news station in the first 9 minutes) as large (let's say a couple of square miles) spaceships float over major cities around the world.

It seems the show will be about whether this alien species can be trusted. They give "hope," promised by the spokesperson/leader of the Visitors (hence "V") (played by Morena Baccarin of "Firefly" and Serenity - which was bugging me, I had to go look at ABC.com to figure it out). But there's an undertone of "this is too good to be true." And it is, if you want spoilers, go read ABC's page - especially the bios.

I already have a good idea what the show will be about. Will I watch it? Most likely. I really like Baccarin in "Firefly" and I'm interested in seeing if the writers can make this same old, same old storyline interesting.

Here's the link for the 9 minute preview on Hulu.com:


Tell me, what are YOUR thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting. I'm always torn when it comes to science fiction being overweighted with drama, but in the end that's what makes life interesting I suppose. I am completely horrible with staying up to date with TV shows, so I don't know if I'll be able to stay up to date with it, but it looks interesting enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Hulu might be playing the episodes, but that'll only stay free for so long. But also, ABC.com's viewer is usually reliable as well.

    ReplyDelete